Sunday, June 2, 2013

Africa over easy

Curling toes with anticipation; a smile that just won't quit; the promise of excitement; only Christmas eve made our eyes sparkle as much!  You all know the feeling;  you know exactly what some of the presents will be, you don't know what some of the others will be, surprising delights coming as paper is torn from boxes and tossed roughly aside.  

With only five days before I leave for my African adventure I am reliving this feeling.  I know of many of the places I will visit, but I have never been to any part of Africa and seeing an elephant in a circus or in a zoo will definitely not be the same as almost sharing a shower with one or more of them.  Yes, I've been told by a friend that in one of the camps I am staying in this may indeed happen!  Wow, how cool is that?

So some of the 'presents' I will know, but it is the unknown ones that will fill my days with delightful surprises.

My dining room table has been gathering items for a few weeks now like an explosion of a world traveler's pack; except of course, these items haven't made it into the pack yet and are still new and unblemished.  I'm pretty sure it will all fit in;  and if it doesn't, they do sell things in Africa don't they?  So I'm not too worried about it.

2 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage, Joan
    If you see an elephant in your shower in Botswana tell her, Brenda says "HI"!
    I am so jealous of the adventure that awaits you... maybe I will get my courage up and try the couch-surfing thing again as I DO miss Africa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joan.

    Got your package; many thanks. Hope you are able to get the proper cable for the camera.

    I am now an official "follower of your blog. Looking forward to the onging commentary on your great adventure.

    Bro.

    ReplyDelete