Sunday, June 2, 2013

With just 21 hours before my plane takes off my mind is in a familiar overdrive; where is my passport, check - have I charged my ireader, check - did I pack a towel, check - where is my plane ticket, check . . . and I realize that I am generally an organized person and everything I need to take I have on my dining room table if it has not already been tucked away in my large backpack ( 60 litres)  or in my daypack.

Last night was spent with family at a BBQ; it was a combination bon voyage/birthday dinner as I won't be home for my birthday in 2 weeks.  Nope, nowhere near home;  I will spend my birthday on a boat in False Bay near Cape Town cage diving with great white sharks;  bettter get the supper in now.  What a great way to spend the evening talking of many things.

Now it's crunch time and with most things completed it's not really too crunchy after all.  But I'm still pretty sure I'll be doing that last load of laundry around 11 tonight.

Adventure awaits;  I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment